Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez SB-7 Vs. EHX Bassballs reissue

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassman1185, May 28, 2002.

1. I'm torn between a Bassballs Made in NYC and an SB-7. Since all the music stores in Des Moines suck and don't carry any single bass effects, I can't really try either of them out. I'm kind of leaning towards the SB-7 right now, since it looks a lot more versitile, but the Bassballs has a good reputation. Can anybody help me?

2. if you must chose one then go for the bassballs but i wouldnt buy either without finding SOME way to trying them both and many other similiar effects as well...
    (ps Ibanez is generally crap)

3. EH makes very quality pedals, and the Bassballs is one that is generally liked by all. You really can't go wrong with it, especially for the price.

Ibanez makes a lot of shoddy products, plus their effects tend to be quite noisy. IMO, it has *too* many features for it's price, I'd rather have one good sound then 5 decent/bad ones.

4. pudgefactor

pudgefactor

Mar 28, 2002
    Boston
    Can't really go wrong with the Bassballs. It's dead quiet. In fact, it seems to silence noise in other
    effects that I have when it's in the chain. The SB7 is pretty cool, more versaitle, but doesn't sound as
    good IMO. Some people here say you can never have to many filters.........with that belief, you
    could start with the bassballs and get more later.

5. Maybe some of you earlier posters should TRY the SB-7 B4 knocking it...Ibanez's new line has been getting nothing but raves. I played an SB-7 and thought the quality of tones and it's versatility to be second to none for the price. The EH is fun for sure, but you'llcover much more ground with the SB-7. And that's coming from an affirmed filter junkie.

6. pudgefactor

pudgefactor

Mar 28, 2002
    Boston
    Nope, not knocking the SB7 at all. I've tried it out a few times already. I just like the EH Bassballs
    better. In fact, my next toy is going to be either the Ibanez AW7 or SB7. I love them for the price.

Can never have too many filters, right????????.......

7. I didn't actually mean YOU....:p
    NEVER too many!!

8. ok ill admit i never played the ibanez one and honestly i probably never will... after owning the noisy overpriced (about 100 bucks normally, got mine for 40) delay and trying a few others i just dont want to bother. I will admit some of their older effects were nice but now thye jsut seem to be trying to be the HIP COOL COMPANY THAT RECREATES ALL THE PHAT SOUNDZ OF TODAYS NU-METAL STARZ:rolleyes: ... anyway... i didnt say thatn he SHOULDNT get the ibanez OR the bassballs... i said he should try both as well as others before buying them

9. You have the word "Nu-metal" written way too many times in that post...I couldn't possibly respond to that.
    :p