1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez SB7 problems

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mgb71, May 1, 2009.

1. I was looking for a cheap pedal to give me some funky wah sound so I just bought the Ibanez SB7 pedal which has the autowah effect. The first day I got it I thought is sounded good. Then I left it on all night (the input jack acts as the on/off switch) and had to replace the battery the next day. I put in a fresh battery and now is sounds like crap. Thinking that it might have something to do with the power from the battery, I went and got an AC adapter (the correct Ibanez one called out in the owners manual), but it still sounds like crap.

So I'm wondering if maybe the pedal went bad on me. I bought it over the internet so I can't bring it back to the store and try another one, although I can still send it back for a replacement/refund. Just not sure whether I should go through the trouble of getting another one or just go with something different altogether.

Does anyone have any experience with these pedals?