Ibanez SB7 Surprisingly Good....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Cantstandsya, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    I bought an Ibanez SB7 yesterday at GC for $45.It was the last one they had.I think that either it's being discontinued or GC just isn't carrying it anymore.Anyways,this thing is great.I've owned a Korg G5 and Digitech BSW and I like the SB7 better than both of them.It sounds so much warmer than those digital pedals and the sounds are actually usable.I can totally get that Van Halen "Sunday Afternoon In The Park " sound.The Autowah is great too.My question is can this thing damage my speakers at high volumes?If so it might just have to stay at home and be used for recording.Any tips,settings,or other info would be greatly appreciated(I've already done a search but id like some feedback from people who've had theirs for a while now)
  2. I've had an Ibanez for awhile now, and i've been extremely happy with it. It got the SR100, and it's GREAT. It has like every sound i'm looking for (metal type). And to answer your question if it could damage @ loud volumes, is not that i've had. I've been using Gallien-Krueger amps and Ibanez amps, and i prefer Ibanez... I've done lots of shows and things, and i asked people if they could hear each instrument well (thats just the kind of person i am, has to have things perfect) and they said they could hear them fine, including the bass. I had my bass speaker about as high as it could go, and everything always seems to be fine.

(i don't know how they do it, lol) :confused: :bassist:
  3. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Huh? :confused:
  4. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    Hehe... new Best Thread Ever!

I think this "LPRulez 1098" character thinks you are talking about an Ibanez bass.

How's Tropic of Capricorn? ;)
  5. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    Yep....it's a pretty nifty little gadget. Not really a synth (it's really an envelope filter with distortion), but it definitely has a real cool vibe all it's own. Cool score for 45 bucks!!!! :hyper:
  6. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    I know it's not a real Synth but it sounds soooo good.I kind of like the fact that it's actually the sound of my bass being processed instead of triggering a sound with my bass.I can get the exact sound of my favorite patch in the Korg G5 and the Envelope Filter on the SB7 is so much better than the G5 or the Digitech BSW.My favorite pedal ever :bassist:
  7. Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    I've gotta say that I really like how these Ibanez pedals are so cheap. I've played the Digitech before and I've liked the sounds out of that box.