Ibanez SB7 - whats your favorite setting?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dmaki, Nov 7, 2003.

1. dmaki

Apr 29, 2000
    I just picked up one of these pedals and was wondering what others' favorite settings were.

Right now mine is set at
    Mode: Auto Wah
    Sensitivity @ 11:00
    Frequency @ 10:00
    Resonance @ 12:30
    Decay: Slow

Share your settings!
  2. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii

I've had one of these for nearly 2 years. I use effects sparingly to spice up solos or song intros once in awhile. That said, I'd like to share with you that the pedal settings will vary depending on your bass (the settings that work well for someone else might sound like crap for you because you use a different model of bass). I noticed this when I'd set up the SB7 using one bass, then when I'd plug in a different bass using the same settings, I found that the effect and tone were different. I guess the pedal interacts with the signal and inherent tone of different basses. Ofcourse, different rigs might also influence pedal settings (the guy with 4X10s might use a different setting than the guy with 2X15s, even if they're using the same bass and going for the same "effect sound").

So, just take other people's settings with a grain of salt, they may or may not work for you. Using a Fender Jazz, here are variations of my settings for a funky Q / auto wah sound which still maintains a decent bottom:

sens: 9:30-10
    frequency: 9:30-10
    resonance: 12:00-1:00
    level: 12:00-1:00
    Switches: mode: autowah decay: slow

If you haven't already, try an Akai Deep impact. It's also a very cool sounding pedal. It gets a bit closer to the keyboard synth bass tone, which is something I use occasionally. I'm not selling the SB7 though, I get some tones out of it that I haven't been able to get from the Deep Impact.

Have fun getting funky!
  3. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    I use both the SB-7 and the Deep Impact. I use the DP for a more "clean" Synth- based sound, and I set the SB-7 up as a distorted wah filter (think of Cliff Burton, here). It simulates the action of a wah pedal pretty well depending on how hard you pluck. DEADLY with an octave divider after it! The SB-7 is a seriously underated pedal IMHO.
  4. 2pods

Mar 27, 2002
    On mine my favourite setting was "sold":bag:

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    I gave up and went back to my Akai and Mini Q-tron