Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ibanez silver series p-bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by falsefiction1, Sep 15, 2005.

1. they have one at the local music shop. i played it and i love it. they are selling it for $600. how much is it worth?

does anybody else have one of these?

2. Lalala

Lalala

Sep 15, 2005
    The Netherlands
    I used to have a silver series J, they're great basses but not worth 600 bucks, the only Ibanez from that era you want to pay that amount of money for is the Ibanez Black Eagle

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    IIRC they pop up on ebay around $400ish.

4. Lalala

Lalala

Sep 15, 2005
    The Netherlands
    i payed 275 EUR for a '78 jazzbass model, it was an exact copy of the fender geddy sig and played very good. to get one thing straightened out, these basses are WAY better than squiers or whatever budget brand out there

5. anybody else?

6. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Agree about the quality of the old Ibanezes, but $US600 sounds way high. Hunt around on ebay. They turn up regularly.
    I recently bought a Greco P that's a few years older than the Iby you mention, and it's superb. And I'm not at all a Fender style bass fan. In absolutely immaculate condition, it cost under half what they're asking for the Ibanez.