Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez Soundgear FT

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by metalguy2, Jun 26, 2005.

1. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Ibanez Soundgear 5 string bass for trade. Finished neck.
    I am not gonna lie. It is in poor condition. Although it sounds and plays great. Aside from a crackling jack. I will actually include a replacement jack. I just don't know how to replace it myself :-(

What I am looking for is a J-Bass. Of equal value and condition.(always thought the battle scars looked alot better on a fender)
    I paid 800 dollars for this bass. Just giving a little info on the value of the bass I expect in return.(not necessarily 800 dollars)

If you are interested in a trade I will provide pictures.

I will take offers now for money. THROW ME AN OFFER!!!

2. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    I take it none wants the ibanez for trade:)

3. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Um, dude? Nobody knows what it is from your description. There are lots of models of Ibanez Soundgear 5 string. Oftentimes they are designated by the letters "SR" followed by a number. :p

4. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    The actually don't have the model number. The closest one on the site is this
    http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=SR405

When I bought the bass I didn't really know what I was buying. So I don't really know what the neck is made from considering it is finished. But really.. if there were anything on this site that matched what I have this would be it.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    What's it say on the back of the headstock?

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Higher models don't have the model on the headstock, take some pics and email them to tim@tplyons.com. Pretty sure I can tell you what they are.

7. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    An SR900 I played did have the model on the back of the headstock... Strange.

8. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    I have pictures I just need to load em on the computer.. The battery died.. Will need to find a way to get on the computer tonight.(isn't my camera)

9. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Isn't the bedspread pretty!?!?!?! :D

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    99% sure it's an SR885. The neck joint is a dead giveaway and finished neck.

11. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    I did a search on Ebay and I found some others that looked pretty close to mine. Thankyou for the ID guys. At least now I know what I can sell it for. :D

12. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Definitely an SR885. Used to have one. It was my first 5er.
    Randy

13. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    So, if anyone has a J-bass of equal value and condition that would be awesome. This bass has a whole load of cosmetic problems. But it plays really well. So if you have an exellent playing J-bass with a huge gaping canal in the front. I will lovingly except a trade for it.

14. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    I have an Ibanez 5 string just like but in silver/grey. Only difference is the shape of the control cavity cover. I bought it advertised as a SR885. Would the shape of the cavity cover make it a different model? Other than the control cavity cover, it looks EXACTLY like that one.

15. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :eek: :confused:

16. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    BUMPITY