1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez Soundgear Mono-rail bridge help

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by kutkut, May 28, 2017.

1. kutkut

kutkut

Oct 4, 2011
    Hey all,

I own an Ibanez SR3000e 4 stringer model year 2000 with Mono-Rail I bridge and one of the saddles broke, i'm trying to find a replacement for it but not having good luck at it, i've contacted Hipshot for their Triple lock system and they answered that it's not a fit...

Can anyone guide me on what to do as i hate to retire the bass for this, can i upgrade to Mono-Rail II or another without doing much work on the wood, Thanks..

IMG_3292 copy.JPG 2BB1MR24K.jpg

2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
  3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
  4. retroXvertigo

retroXvertigo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2017
    Baltimore
    Sorry for the huge bump.

I just had a bridge saddle break. We're youb able to find a replacement from Ibanez?

kutkut likes this.
  5. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  6. kutkut

kutkut

Oct 4, 2011
    Sorry for the late reply, yes i found from Drumsetc.com and bought 2 just for future, it is expensive, but i checked with hipshot and Ibanez if i can install newer or different versions of the monorail, but each requires wood work and i don't want to mess with thats issue, so i just bought them..

retroXvertigo likes this.
  7. retroXvertigo

Apr 7, 2017
    Baltimore
    It all good. I bought two as well from Drums Etc.

It's a fantastic bass. It's a shame all the replacement parts are juuuust a but wider.

8. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    do you mean you've bought the exact monorail type but doesn't fit the bridge routing?

9. retroXvertigo

Apr 7, 2017
    Baltimore
    I worded that poorly.

What I meant was it's a shame all the after market stuff is too wide. I ordered the direct replacement.

10. Rhod Arrieta

Rhod Arrieta

Mar 8, 2019
    Hey guys and gals. Just got onto this site after spending lots of time reading posts, but now need some advice too. I'm doing an upgrade modification on an old Ibanez SR from an old standard 5 string bridge to Mono-rail V or VS bridges. But for some reason over here in Australia, the Ibanez distributor is a bit "slow" (i.e. non-existent) in getting parts (I can't even get a AFB200 pickguard because they say it won't fit my AGBV205 even though the pickups are the same distance and size, same number of frets, and same neck width at the base!). Anyways, any help would be much appreciated.

11. kutkut

kutkut

Oct 4, 2011
    So what is your issue exactly?

12. Rhod Arrieta

Rhod Arrieta

Mar 8, 2019
    Trying to see if anyone out there knows where I can buy these Ibanez monorail bridges. I can’t seem to find anything through Google.

13. kutkut

kutkut

Oct 4, 2011
    sissy kathy likes this.
  14. Rhod Arrieta

Rhod Arrieta

Mar 8, 2019
    Thanks for the direction