Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez soundgear neck problems? SR500

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nobody, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Nobody

Nobody Banned

Jul 14, 2004
    gravel
    Does anyone know of any problems with these necks(SR500)? I saw something about twisting,warping and truss rods stripping on another message board. Is there any truth to this? Any info you might have about this would be greatly appriciated!

I lost the tip of my left thumb in an accident at work and would like a little neck like the SRs have.

OOD likes this.
  2. On my ibanez, the neck twisted after moving out to low humidity and 85 degrees. Dropped the bass off at my parents house (some humidity and 75 degrees), and it returned to normal.

3. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    12+ years and no problems so far. :)

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

+1 SR505 bought in 1996. Not one problem.

5. SRX 500, hasn't even needed an adjustment since I bought it and that's saying a lot considering I'm constantly adjusting the truss rod on my other bass.

6. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    On a side note.
    I played one of the "new 505"s this week, and all I can say is; why did they have to mess with a perfectly good bass: the neck was chunkier, the action was soupy, the the tone lacked punch. The only sound I could get it to do well was slap............ GRUMBLE :mad: