1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez Soundgear Question!?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Shandon, May 17, 2003.

1. My buddy has an Ibanez soundgear which he is selling for $200 but I know for a fact it is worth much more than that, it's a neck-thru, P/J pickup arrangement, 3 band EQ and has the pearloid inlay of the ibanez prestige series. The bass is in prestine condition, it's absolutely flawless! The only problem is I don't know the number, like e.g. SR645 or a SR1006. So if there are any pics of Ibanez neck thru's or websites with ibanez specifications, b/c they don't make this bass anymore, it has been discontinued, please send me the info so I can help myself or my friend from not being bilked by someone like me. Thanx a lot.

2. tim4003

tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    At $200, I'd buy it (if I were you). Get the nomenclature later. Perhaps post some pics of it here, and an Ibanez afficionado is sure to surface.

4. I'd hit that. Sell it for a 300% profit later on if you decide it's not for you.

If it's a Prestige model and a neck-through it's probably a 1200.

5. Hey munji, I'll def try to post some pics, however I'm not really interested in it b/c it's a 4 string and I'm more of a 6 string guy, I play a lot of jazz and tapping stuff and I don't limit myself to a 4 string bass you know what I mean?

6. Id still buy it anyways. At that price, you could just turn around and sell it for a lot more than $200, maybe to someone on TB.

7. Hey Ryan, the guy who is selling it is a good friend of mine and I wouldn't want to let him get beat out of that bass, I am just trying to find information on it, it's not at ibanez.com and I couldn't find a pic on harmony central.com