1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez Soundgear Tuning Pegs

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Crowcifier666, May 2, 2010.

1. Crowcifier666

Crowcifier666

May 2, 2010
    Hello, new member here.....

Just took my strings off my Ibanez SNDGR and my D tuning peg is bent. It worked fine staying in tune before taking the string off, but trying to get the new string back on, it appears that the gear in the mechanism is chewed up and I can't get it to turn the peg either direction now. I'm assuming I will have to buy a new tuning peg mechanism now. anyone have any suggestions or know where I can get one? Thanks in advance.....

Crowcifier

2. TomA1234

TomA1234

Jul 27, 2009
    Fareham, England
    Ebay?

3. Crowcifier666

Crowcifier666

May 2, 2010
    Thanks, found one, but wrong color.....:crying:

4. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
  5. Crowcifier666

Crowcifier666

May 2, 2010
    That looks like just the thing, thanks Rickett. got a similar one at the local music shop, but the screw hole is too small for the screw, and it's the for the wrong side of the bass....wrong color too. :meh: I'll have to order one of your recommendations or get redneck on my bass.

6. archer121

archer121

Apr 12, 2009
    My SR750 has gold 3/8 Gotoh tuners. I imagine 3/8 Hipshot ultralights would fit fine as well. The key head profile wouldn't be a good match, though.

7. bassgod76

bassgod76 bass turd burglar

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    I removed all of my factory tuners for Hipshot. They fit perfectly, and look way better.