Ibanez SR 305 and Jackson JS3v - hands on.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nicsim, Sep 21, 2016.

1. nicsim

nicsim

May 12, 2016
    Hi all.

I think this may be my first post on the forum, so here goes. I'm thinking of dipping into the world of the 5-string and budget-wise I'm looking at either an Ibanez 305 or Jackson JS3V (or CBXNT) - Mainly because the neck is supposed to be slim and playable on both the Ibby and Jacksons (I'm not blessed with long fingers).

I already own an Ibanez SR500 4-string and can vouch for the neck and playability, but I like the look of the Jackson and I also think it has a good tone from what I've heard on Youtube reviews - especially the low-B string. I should point out that I live in the UK (Jacksons are hard to come by, so I'd be buying "blind" maybe and possibly shipping from the US). Ibanez's are more easily available.

I really need some advice from soemone who's played both the Jackson and Ibanez models and can offer some hands-on experience of what they feel and sound like. Hoping the TalkBass Collective can help...
    :thumbsup:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  2. AndreasR

AndreasR

Oct 23, 2012
    Ibbys are far more comfortable. The Jackson bass has always felt off to me. Plus it was heavy.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022