No longer available Ibanez SR 405 EQM Five String in Surreal Blue Burst

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Razman, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    Price:
    Strings:
    My son was playing this with his youth group at our church but hasn’t picked it up in a while. Now he wants to sell it and donate the money to his mother (my wife) who’s dachshund of 12 years just passed away (so she can add the $$ to her puppy fund). So here it is, feel free to ask any questions about it.

This bass comes with an Ibanez gig bag, and it is in very good condition with minor play wear. There is a ding to the left of the bridge pickup and it’s visible in the close-up pic of the body. The strings are the same ones that were on it when we got it; we’ve had it for almost two years. To me they sound dead, but that’s not good for marketing, is it. Let’s say that the bass has a “warm, vintage tone” to it, how about that? (If it were me, I’d change them.) YMMV, so if you don’t like bright zingy strings, you’ll be happy with them. If not, change them out and you’ll be happy.

Neck is straight, frets have minimal wear (if any) and all the controls work. I like the fact that it has an 'open' style bridge, so if you like heavier strings they'll fit on it. Specs are pasted below from Sweetwater for the curious. Pics are on my phone and will be added after I’m done posting this.

I’ll have to get a box ready but if you are savvy with guesstimating you can approximate shipping from my zip, which is 32068. I’m mainly interested in exchanging cash, but for trades I might consider a TE Elf system (head + 110 cab) and probably some cash from me (or coverage of all shipping costs) or maybe a headless bass. 5 string XZ Steinberger Spirit or possibly a Kiesel, but in a six string (I have another fiver but could use a good sixer). I’ll have to evaluate how much I’ll need to put into that deal should one materialize as I’ll have to make up the difference to fund the new woofer (get it? Dog? Woofer? Nvm…) :rollno:

Thanks,

Eric ‘Raz’

Specs:

· Body Shape:SR
    · Left-/Right-handed:Right-handed
    · Number of Strings:5
    · Color:Surreal Blue Burst
    · Body Material:Mahogany
    · Body Finish:Gloss Polyurethane
    · Neck Material:5-piece Maple/Rosewood
    · Neck Shape:SR5
    · Radius:12"
    · Fingerboard Material:Jatoba
    · Fingerboard Inlay:Dots
    · Number of Frets:24
    · Scale Length:34"
    · Nut Width:1.771"
    · Nut Material:Plastic
    · Bridge/Tailpiece:Accu-cast B305
    · Tuners:Ibanez machine heads
    · Neck Pickup:Ibanez PowerSpan Dual-coil
    · Bridge Pickup:Ibanez PowerSpan Dual-coil
    · Controls:1 x volume, 1 x balancer, 3-band EQ, 3-way Power Tap switch

Attached Files:

2. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    Sold locally.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022