Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez SR (590??)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DryWater'Bass, Mar 6, 2003.

1. I was at a local music store...And I was playin this nice Ibanez, which gave me this punchy, phat tone and a nice feel overall, I look at the price tag, and it's 399...I figured since I know the owner, I could talk him down a little bit...I looked at the name, it said SR590 on it, it was a transparent green with gold hardware, a 2 band EQ blend and master volume, had P+J AFRP(Active Full Renage Pickups) and sounded really nice...Has anyone heard, or owned one of these???

Thanks much

DWB

2. Makatak

Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand
    yeah , ive seen/played one
    it was in the buy/sell rag , it was natural wood with a horrible lacquer , gold hardware etc, it sounded good though for the price ...about $300 us. , nowhere as nice as my ash SR1100e though !....i think if you like it . buy it !

3. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    I had an SR800A. well still have it... but its in pieces. anyways it was a great bass. it had the AFR P+J pickups, i liked them a lot. very punchy sound. neck is a little thin for my tastes now, but at the time it was perfect. MIJ, ash body, and yes that same horribly thick laquer on it. I loved that bass, and i miss it from time to time.

4. Hey SRS...You got all of the peices for that SR800A?If they're not in use, could you slap them together and get me a picture...I could probably buy one like that(maybe even off of you:bassist: :cool: )

:::EDIT:::Or any peices of it you're willing to sell....

DWB

:::EDIT EDIT::: I didn't like it once I played the Dark Metallic Blue Ibanez SR?00? It had a two band EQ, pickup selector and a Volume...I Like a blend knob better, really...But It sounded awesome...Anyone got an ibanez for sale...Or that will be for sale soon?