ibanez sr series replacement preamp/pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by The Ethanator, Oct 11, 2011.

1. im looking at using my birthday money to replace the preamp and eventually pickups in my ibanez sr400qm. this will be my first time replacing electronics in either of my basses, and this isnt really something i have any experience in doing. im looking at the nordstrand 3b-4a preamp, can i get just the preamp or are they wired to work only with norsdstrand pickups? i plan on replacing my pickups later as well, im looking at the nordstrand dual coils and i have looked at bartolinis as well, but what other companies offer replacement pickups for ibanez sr basses?

2. Bozendoka

Bozendoka

Mar 13, 2011
    Minnesota
    I ended up putting Duncan Basslines in my SR405 as I generally prefer a passive sound (and that bass boost sounds like crap IMO). No clue on the Nordstrands. You mentioned that you don't have any experience with bass electronics, have you done any soldering at all? If not I'd pick up some small gauge wire and get some practice in.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 16, 2021