Ibanez SR1000 vs SR500

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by midlifecrisis, Sep 18, 2006.

1. midlifecrisis

midlifecrisis

Mar 22, 2006
    Hi there. If anyone has experience of both the SR1000 and the SR500, I'd appreciate your views. In the UK, the SR1000 is about £670 (about $1,250) while the SR500 is £335 (about $625). Is the SR1000 worth twice the money? Thanks.

2. perfektspace6

perfektspace6

May 9, 2006
    Texas
    Is it worth it vs. the SR500?

The SR1000 is a better bass. I have owned the 6 string version and thought the pickups and eq were quite good for the price. The woods and contruction are also a step up. I believe the 500 is made in Korea while the 1000 is made in Japan... a big difference. Play them side by side to make a final decision.

3. architectonic

architectonic

Mar 26, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Is the SR900 available in the UK? As an owner I am biased, but it is a great instrument and might bridge the gap between the affordability of the 500 and the features of the 1000. I don't know what makes something "worth twice the money" for you, but if you try an instrument and like it, and feel it supports and extends your playing abilities, maybe that is the one to go with even if it isn't fancy or high-end. Personally, my next bass is going to be a cheap Chinese faux Fender.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021