1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez SR1000EWN: opinions? Awesome or flawsome

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sk8terguy316, Mar 24, 2005.

1. I would like to know the general opions on the Ibanez PRESTIGE SR1000EWN. I was thinking about making a move towards that direction and I wanted some feedback. How's the Sound of the bass, the feel, the neck, the sustain? etc etc I would appreciate all feedback thank you for your time AND :bassist: reading

2. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I had the chance to test one last week.
    Unfortunately I don`t remember the exact model name (It was a Prestige Series, but maybe 900 or 1000) but it might be helpful.

The body was neck through was made of 2 pieces of maple. Had a contoured back (like a Spector) and was pretty light.
    Came equipped with a Monorail bridge (it`s different from the ones used in the BTB series). Active EQ, 4 knobs (2 concentric).
    It come equipped with Bartolinis MK-1 pickups. Let me tell that after checking it for 20 minutes, I left really impressed.
    The bass was very versatile, could get a wide variety of tones and was suitable for all kind of styles (slapping, tapping). I hadn`t the typical "trebly-sterile" tone of cheaper Ibanez (SR, EDB, etc.).
    I`ve owned and played some of them (SR, CT, EDB, BTB) and this is a completely different animal, more boutique oriented.
    However, you might find serious competitors in its price range
    (Spector, Warwick, Cirrus, Lakland, Musicman) so it`s just a matter of playing as many of them as you can.

Hope it helps.

3. Ostur

Ostur

Dec 21, 2004
    If you can possibly find one at a store that you can actually play,I would really recomend that you do so,I've wasted so much money on basses that I got without playing them beforehand,I have an Ibanez DWB3 and I like it but it's not my favorite,I've had a btb,sr885,an ergodine,and an sr1005 and I didn't like any of them they sound so thin,now if I think I want a bass (I've made a few people angry at me) but I find someplace that has one,I play it for about half an hour then come back later and play it again and again ,then go home and think about it for a couple days, then if all I can think about is playing that bass again,then I know its one I want,some basses i've had, I just can't into and I never play them,for the money you plan on spending on the Ibanez,you have a large choise of basses you could really fall in love with for a long time,warwick thumbolt,stingray, P bass, ect,a lot of the choise depends on the music you play.

4. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    If I wasn't such a Carvin freak, I would probably have that bass already.

I had an SR640 and loved it. One of the few reasons I switched from Ibanez to Carvin was because they didn't have a neck-thru SR model that I was interested in. Had they come out with that bass 18 months ago, I would probably still be playing them. I really liked the feel of the thin neck.