Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez SR1006 Limited edition

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Greg Johnsen, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
  2. LesClaypoolJR

LesClaypoolJR

Jun 16, 2005
    DFW, Texas
    very nice...little on the pricy side tho lol

3. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    He said he could drop the price to 1300, which is an awesome deal IMO.

Greg

4. Is that a limited edition model? I thought that was the new standard prestige model?

5. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    nope, special edition with a 12th fret marker and everything. I'm gonna love this bass.

Greg

6. the one in the link you posted?

7. he could drop it to 1300 ?

erm, isnt it at 1,177.49 atm ?

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Scroll down to the bottom of the page. The Limited Editions are there. Very nice body woods! Nice bass. Neck too wide for my taste though!

9. Damn! those Limited Editions are HOT! I especially Like the Burled Poplar Top! SEXY!

10. If youre ordering fom Sam Ash, Be Careful! I ordered a Cirrus from them about a month ago. First, they screwed up the order twice, the first time, they hadn't even ordered it, the second time, they forgot to order the case. When the bass finally arrived, it was beautiful, except for the four huge cracks in the top! I gave their bass back to them, got a refund and bought from Guitar Center. Im sure Sam Ash didnt make a name with this kind of service, but just be careful and check your equipment.

11. Ooooohhhh zebrawood . . . altho, not the nicest of ones :(

12. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    That's the one I'm getting today. I can't wait.

Well, the SA I'm ordering from is in Tampa, and I'm in atlanta, so it should omly take like 3 days to get here, so sending it back because of problems shouldn't be that much of a hassel.

I also talked to the person in charge of basses, he's really glad I want to buy this because it's a great bass.

Can't wait

Greg

13. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    Just ordered my bass 10 minutes ago, I should get it around tuesday of next week. As soon as I get it, I'll be sure to post a review here on it.

Greg

14. Thats the samash where i bought my EDA :)

15. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    too bad this is a holiday weekend or else it would be here on monday instead of tuesday...

Greg

16. So, what's it like? Any soundclips, pictures, videos, ..? Btw, is it possible to buy these basses anywhere in the EU?

17. strummer

strummer

Jul 27, 2005
    Sweden
    Yes, at least the SR1006. But it says on the SamAsh page the Ltd can only be found there.

18. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    I have another thread open with pictures, and I'll try to get sound clips as well.

I love this new bass, and I don't want to put it down, it's so awesome. If you aren't an Ibanez fan, this bass might change your mind.

Greg