Ibanez SR1006EFM Worth the price?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Greg Johnsen, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    Hey guys, I'm looking for a 6 string bass and I'm thinking about either a used Warwick Thumb BO with Bartolini PU, or the Ibanez SR1006EFM (the Ibanez is new)

Help is appreciated like always, thanks

2. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    Hey, I need to know this because I might order the Ibanez this afternoon (it has a 30 day return policy) and I want to see what you guys thinbk about it.

3. fiebru1119

Mar 2, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    I'd go for the Ibanez. I played the 5 string version of the EFM bass and it sounded really great! As with all ibanez's, the only thing that throws me off is the tight spacing.. their sixers are usually at 16.5mm spacing. If it has a 30 day return policy just go for it, with US barts and a 3-band eq, it'll be much more versatile than the Thumb IMO.
  4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    There's probably no one here with direct experience...

Since there's a 30 day return policy, why not go ahead and order it.. What have you got to lose??
  5. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
    Go for it! If you know your way around the instrument, an Ibanez will do whatever you want.
  6. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    cool, thanks guys, I think I'm going to order the Ibanez tomorrow, and they have a 30 day return policy so that's a good thing. My instructor has the sr506 and he says he likes his, and he says that this will be better (yay)

7. Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    I picked up an Ibanez SR506 a few weeks ago and love it! It's my first extended range bass after 25 years of 4 string only. I almost bought a SR1006, but after buying the 506, I don't regret my decision at all. Great tone, very nice neck and the price was very easy on the wallet. ;)

Good luck and Have Fun!
  8. I used to play ibanez, now I play a warwick thumb - I like the Warwick tone better. But thats upto you?