Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez SR1015 anbody every own one? What can you tell me?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kurt M., Apr 20, 2002.

1. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    Hi,

I've come across one of these and don't know much about it. It's an upper level model in the Ibanez soundgear line. They made it in 1998--don't think they do anymore. It has a mahogany body instead of the lighter basswood and the fit and finish seems a bit better. The neck has a very attractive combination of woods.

Anyway, I'm just fishing for information on the bass. I'm also interested in what they sold for new and what they might be worth today in good condition.

Kurt

2. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    Come on guys! 20 of you looked at this thread but nobody has anything to say?

Well, I guess there are no Ibanez players.

/not

3. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    Do you have a picture of it? I listed mine as a 1014(?) which was made in 1997, but I'm not sure if that's the exact model. Mine has the mahogany body with 5-piece wenge/bubinga neck. AFR pickups with 3-band EQ with vari-midrange. I bought mine for $500 in mint condition used which was a steal at the time(1999).

4. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    Sounds like the same instrument. The description of the neck sounds right too. I wasn't sure what kind of woods but it's definately 5 pieces. I'll mail you a pic and you can let me know.

Thanks for the info. How did yours play? How was the B?

5. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    Couldn't figure out how to mail it to you so here it is. Thanks for taking the time.

Kurt

[​IMG]

6. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    B? Who needs a B?:D I guess the 1015 is the 5-string version then; otherwise that's the same bass. Mine has a P-J configuaration though instead of the soapbars.

It's a great playing bass as far as the neck goes; the bridge, however, isn't very adjustable as far as string height is concerned. The action on mine is still good but it would be impossible to adjust it any lower. Pretty good sound but I'm using my other 2 basses(Fender Steve Harris Precision and Gibson EB-3) for the style I'm playing now. Don't really care for all the "bells and whistles" that the Ibanez has anymore; prefer a more simplistic setup.

Hope this helps.