1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Ibanez SR1405TE 5 string neck through

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ric426, Jul 16, 2017.

1. ric426

ric426 Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Price:
    $875
    Strings:
    Ibanez SR1405TE, maple and mahogany body, wenge and bubinga thru neck, Nordstrand Big Single pickups, preamp upgraded to an Aguilar OBP-3, Custom ebony/maple knobs (and original ugly plastic knobs if desired), Dunlop strap locks including the gold strap parts and the original gold strap buttons. In excellent condition with just some light blems that I've done my best to show in the photos.

This is a great example of Ibanez's Premium line of high end basses, with quality that rivals a lot of "boutique" basses that cost much more, and it's one of the few Ibanez models with neck through construction. This construction style yields enhanced sustain, even tone across strings and up the neck and a smooth neck heel that is far more comfortable than you get with a bolt on neck. This one weighs a very comfortable 8 lbs 8oz and balances perfectly on a strap.

With the combination of the Nordstrand Big Single pickups and the Aguilar OBP-3 preamp it'll cover any tone from bright, biting twang to growly punch to full on woof and the tone of the B string blends with the rest of the strings rather than sounding like it came from a different set like too many basses do.

I will ship it a cheap gig bag for $850, or a generic hard shell case (with extra padding so the bass doesn't shift around) for $875. I'm a fanatic about careful packing and it will be in a good box and protected with plenty of packing materials. Shipping to the continental US is included, extra charges for shipping to Hawaii and Alaska will be worked out with the buyer.

EDIT: I found out today (7/26) that I'm having wrist surgery in a week (8/2), so I probably won't be able to ship anything for the first week or two of August.

I always prefer payment by USPS Money Order, but will take Paypal if needed.
    The only trade I'd be interested in would be an Ibanez SRH505F Aerium Fretless or SRF705 Portamento fretless. The only reason I'm selling the SR1405TE is to get one or the other.

Please post or PM any questions. SR1405TE-BodyFront. SR1405TE-FullFront. SR1405TE-BodyBack. SR1405TE-Knobs. SR1405TE-Bridge. SR1405TE-PegheadFront. SR1405TE-PegheadBack. SR1405TE-Fingerboard. SR1405TE-Electronics. SR1405TE-Preamp. SR1405TE-blem1. SR1405TE-blem2. SR1405TE-blem3. SR1405TE-blem4. SR1405TE-blem5.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    JiroBass, bassbooty and G RICH 5 like this.
  2. TrickyPat

TrickyPat Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2011
    I love the knobs, where did you get them? This is a great bass without all the upgrades, great deal, GLWTS!