SOLD Ibanez SR1405TE Premium w/Aguilar OBP-3 + Stunning Flamed Maple Top!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassbooty, Aug 31, 2017.

1. bassbooty

bassbooty -Rey Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    Price:
    Strings:
    I dropped the price on this bass from $999 to $899 a couple of days ago. Today, Labor Day Only, I'm offering it for $799 shipped. Tomorrow, it will be back to $899. For Sale is an Ibanez SR1405TE 5-string bass. This bass has the most beautiful and vividly flamed maple top I've ever seen on this particular model! As of 2017, Ibanez no longer offers this model in a neck-thru version (or any neck-thru Premiums for that matter). The sound and feel of this bass is superb, especially with the Nordstrand Big Single pickups and the upgraded Aguilar OBP-3 preamp (that I purchased prewired for $200 from BestBassGear.com). Other than it having a separate volume for each pickup (as opposed to master volume/blend controls) the control layout of the OBP-3 is layed out exactly like the stock preamp. The OBP-3 sounds much more transparent and authoritative IMHO than the stock Ibanez preamp. I added Dunlop Straploks to the bass which will be included along with the strap assemblies. Also included for FREE is a lightly used Levy's suede strap ($50 value). There are a few minor blems (pictured) but the bass is in very good condition overall, as can be seen in the photos. The weight of the bass is 9.0 pounds even and it balances extremely well. Included with the bass is a brand new World Tour Deluxe gig bag with 20mm padding. This bass sells new for $1449 on the Guitar Center website without the Aguilar preamp and other extras. I'm Asking $999 $799 via PayPal including shipping to the continental 48 states. Please Start a Conversation/PM me with any questions you might have. Thanks for looking!

FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS:
    -Mahogany body with Flamed Maple top
    -Atlas 5-piece Wenge/Bubinga neck with KTS titanium reinforcement rods
    -Rosewood fretboard with Abalone oval inlays
    -24 Medium frets with Premium fret edge treatment
    -Mono-Rail V bridge
    -Nordstrand Big Single pickups
    -Aguilar OBP-3 onboard preamp: 3-band EQ with mid-frequency (400/800 hz) switch and bypass switch
    -Gotoh tuners
    -Gold hardware
    -34" scale
    -String Spacing: 16.5 mm
    -Width at nut: 45 mm
    -Width 24th fret: 68 mm
    -Thickness first fret: 19.5 mm
    -Thickness 12th fret: 21.5 mm
    -Radius: 305mmR
    -Weight: 9.0 pounds

IMG_0484.JPG
    IMG_0484.JPG IMG_0487.jpg IMG_0485.jpg IMG_0488.jpg IMG_0495.jpg IMG_0494.jpg IMG_0509.jpg IMG_0504.jpg IMG_0503.JPG IMG_0512.jpg IMG_0525.jpg IMG_0497.jpg IMG_0498.jpg IMG_0521.jpg IMG_0520.jpg

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    LowEndGirl, Echase409 and leamdav like this.
  2. LowEndGirl

LowEndGirl

Aug 25, 2017
    Beautiful bass!

bassbooty likes this.
  3. FingerDub

FingerDub Inactive

Jan 8, 2016
    lol nice bass

bassbooty likes this.
  4. bassbooty

bassbooty -Rey Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    Sold!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 26, 2022