1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Ibanez SR1406TE-VNF Neck thru like new w HSC, 6 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dhub, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Dhub

Dhub

May 3, 2015
    Albuquerque, NM
    Price:
    Strings:
    Black Friday Special lower price and I'll include FREE SHIPPING !!
    Incredible feel and sound on this baby. Neck thru, Nordstrand Pickups. I'll include a generic hard case for it also. Only reason I'm selling is I prefer a wider string spacing, I think this is 16.5mm. it weighed 9 lbs on my scale. It has never left my house, played very little. DSC05257.JPG DSC05258.JPG DSC05259.JPG DSC05260.JPG

Factory Description:
    This stylish 6-string begins with a beautiful flamed Maple top/Mahogany body combination that produces a robust, full balanced tone. The Vintage Natural Flat finish allows the body to resonate more freely and creates an understated look of elegance, but the big news is the 5-piece Wenge/Bubinga Neck-Thru construction. Running from the top of the headstock, down to the lower strap pin, the Neck-Thru design increases sustain, improves tuning stability and allows unfettered access to the highest frets. Sustain and string vibration are also optimized by the ingenious Mono-rail IV bridge. Super-smooth, hand-crimped Medium frets on a Rosewood fingerboard make this handsome bass as enjoyable to play, as it is to look at.

For electronics, the SR1406TE-VNF comes loaded with two Nordstrand Big Single passive pickups. Designed to create a full, aggressive sound, Big Singles produce a powerful low-end without sacrificing the articulation associated with single coil pickups. Additional sound shaping is provided by an Ibanez EQB-IIISC 3-band EQ.
    Pound for pound, the SR Premium is the working pros clear choice.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    bassbooty likes this.
  2. Nick Thorpe

Nick Thorpe Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Don't think I've ever seen a neck-thru ibanez. Looks weird but good. Beautiful bass and glwts!

3. Dhub

Dhub

May 3, 2015
    Albuquerque, NM
    Some of the BTB Ibanez's have neck thru but not many SR's do.

4. bassbooty

bassbooty -Rey Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    This is the only SR model that is currently in production that is neck-through. It is available in 4-string, 5-string, and 6-string versions: SR1400TE, SR1405TE and SR1406TE.

I own both the SR1400TE (4-string) and SR1405TE (5-string) versions. These are excellent basses and a great value for all that you get! They sound and play really great!

5. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    This is a phenomenal value! I was looking for this a while back.

bassbooty likes this.
  6. Dhub

Dhub

May 3, 2015
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks, yes it is a great value! Someone will be very happy with this beauty!

7. danjocastro

danjocastro Supporting Member

May 3, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    How does it balance? I had a SR506 and it tended to neck dive when playing standing up. It also had two truss rods. It looks like this bass only has one?

8. Dhub

Dhub

May 3, 2015
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi. I have used this bass very little and only in a sitting position, so I can't really say. Sorry. Yes it is a single truss rod.
    It is a 16.5 string spacing and I prefer wider, that's the only reason I'm selling it.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  9. Dhub

Dhub

May 3, 2015
    Albuquerque, NM
    Bumped for Black Friday Lower price and shipping included !!!!!