1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez SR300 - Strange clicking noise

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Mankaur, May 29, 2012.

1. Mankaur

Mankaur

May 29, 2012
    Bassically for about the past month now I have had an issue whereby when plugged into an amp my bass will play normally for around 20 seconds but then will cut out and the amp will emit a constant clicking noise until its switched off.

I have tried it with a number of different amps with the same result each time, so it must be a problem with the bass. Any ideas what might be wrong with it?

2. Is the bass active? If so, I would say try a new battery.

3. lhoward

lhoward

Apr 27, 2003
    Western NY State
    Take it to a respected repair shop, tell them the symptoms, and ask them to check the electronics.

I bought an SR300DX new and never had that kind of problem before swapping out the electronics for an EMG P/J pickup set and harness.

Did you use a known, good instrument cord and see if the problem is still there?

4. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    My Ibby did that for a while. I ended up scrapping the electronics and making it passive. The pre amp sucked pretty bad anyways:p

5. Billy K

Billy K

Nov 5, 2009
    North Bay Marin
    image-218931539.jpg

SR 500 MK4 pickups and preamp paint by Wilkins Guitars Van Nuyes Ca