Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez sr3000

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassman4hire, Oct 24, 2002.

1. bassman4hire

bassman4hire

Jun 14, 2002
    canada
    Anyone play a sr3000e bass? I saw one and would like to purchase one. Good idea ornot? I haven't played one yet, but have played the 200.

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i've toyed around with them a couple times...i like the 5 and six version a little better, and i'm not too keen on the detuner that comes with the 4 string version. the string spacing is a little tight for my taste, as well, but they aren't bad basses.

3. Dtex

Dtex

Sep 20, 2002
    Etobicoke, Ontario
    Overall it's a good bass (please no comments from the Ibanez critics) I bought one for the slim, fast neck and it's looks like the Warwick Thumb. With my small hands it gives me more relief than most common string spacing axe out there. I had a MIA Jazz that i sold recently and even that gave me a struggle when playing.....

4. Onesidezero

Onesidezero

Mar 13, 2002
    They sound damn close to warwicks because of the wenge/bubinga used.....but not EXACTLY like a 'wick, because of the normal frets and IMO, crappy electronics...

5. Dtex

Dtex

Sep 20, 2002
    Etobicoke, Ontario
    You guys know any more neck details about the SR3000?

6. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    USA
    I have a 5 string and it doesn't sound bad at all.

My only complaint is the close string spacing. The build quality is very good on these basses and the same goes for the hardware.

I haven't played a 4 string one though.