Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez SR3005ESOL 5-String w/ Barts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tracedog, Jun 3, 2002.

1. tracedog

tracedog

Jan 27, 2000
    I have an Ibanez ATK 4-string and I'm looking into getting an <a href="http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=SR3005E">Ibanez SR3005ESOL</a> 5-string w/ Barts.

The Barts are passive and I love the active electronics on my ATK but I've heard great things about the Barts.

Does anybody have any experience with a SR3005ESOL? Do you think I'll be happy with the Barts instead of active pickups?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tracy

2. I have one of these, but with a battery at the back, hence active. Must be because it's of the Prestige line. Great tone(s), I was surprised that I feel content on how a bass sounds off the bat for the first time.

3. droskobass

droskobass

Oct 8, 2007
    Montreal, Canada
    Former Part-Time, Non-Commission Employee MOOG Audio
    i have a 2003 or 2004 SR3005ESOL with USA barts and a 3 band bartolini preamp for sale. I'll throw in the original vari-mid electronics as well.

it's in perfect condition except for the usual player wear on the oil finish from slapping.

it's really a stunning bass

call me and we can discuss 514 692 8056