Ibanez SR300DX issues

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Coastal_Cruzer, Jun 25, 2020.

1. So basically I have a modded Ibanez SR300DX with the J pickup swapped out and P pickup reversed to put it in phase. After attempting to shield the internals and then undoing the process mostly I've found that the blend knob is no longer working correctly. I have done no soldering and all connections are insulated and in place. Basically I only have two options, P pickup and J pickup, or J pickup, for some reason instead of blending the pickups it more works as a volume control for just the P pickup when it used to blend just fine. Can anyone help me with this?
    Update: The P pickup has stopped functioning entirely now.

2. vid1900

vid1900

Dec 12, 2019
    Do you have a multi meter?

3. I do not, sadly

4. At this point I am just gonna rip the two volume pods from my shortscale parts bass and just do a full rewire of my bass because I just had two wires snap. I absolutely hate the wiring of the SR300DX, but love the tone.

5. vid1900

vid1900

Dec 12, 2019
    I will gently suggest that you spend $10 on a meter.

99% of all bass wiring problems can be solved with a meter in about 2 minutes

Get one that beeps with continuity, it will make you so happy

6. So here's an update, I am just going to rewire the bass to my best ability.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021