Ibanez SR405 any good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 555, Jun 22, 2003.

1. 555

Jun 21, 2003
    Hi all,

I am new to this forum and it's cool to see there's an entire forum dedicated to bass (i've seen too many devoted to mainly guitar lol)

I've been playing guitar and bass since last year and well i am going to get rid of my Ibanez RG421 (up on ebay at the moment) to get an Ibanez SR405 5 string bass with a Peavey TKO115 bass amp.

Do you people know if the Ibanez SR405 in NT is any good? I previously owned the SR485 and it was alright (sound kinda sucked but i guess i can blame my crappy 15 watt amp for that)

How bout the SR645 in GN? is that any good?

2. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    my roomate got one off of E-Bay about 3 months ago for about 250.00$ w/ case,it was in great shape(only 3 years old)and sounded good.my first bass was an Ibanez GSR200 which is the lower end model but its the same concept,i personally dont like the body(size,shape ETC)and the neck is to flat for me(i'm used to fenders neck design).these are just my preferences and not negitives about the bass.it as well made bass that will take you where you need to go.:D
  3. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Welcome to TalkBass.

I had a SR405, and for the price found it to be a decent Bass. The one thing I disliked was the tight string spacing.
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    SR645 in GN, if you're interested, I'm selling one :)

Email me at tim@leuchtnet.com if you're interested. The bass is amazing! I'm just a four string guy.
  5. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I've always found something I liked better in the same price range...

(There are plenty of Ibanez bashing threads/posts, so I'm not going to get into it...)