ibanez sr405 knob controls..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by retitled, Sep 9, 2005.

1. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    i bought a used sr405 and it didnt come with that little plastic cover on the knobs that tell u what they do.. now it has 2 large knobs and 3 small ones..

one would assume that the large knobs would control the volume of the 2 pups and the 3 small for tone..

but what iv notives is when i turn down one fo the volume controls that the second pick up goes down too...

now i think that the second large one is a master tone control knob and one of the small knobs is a volume knob..

im a little confussed about this... can somebody help me out in determaning what each knob does specificly?

2. Big knob near neck - Volume
    Big knob near bridge - pan
    Small near neck - treble
    Small in middle - Mids
    Small near bridge - bass

There ya go. Have fun

Dave

3. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    thank you :)

whats Pan?

4. Maybe I should have said balence. It controls the amount of bridge and neck pickup in the signal. There should be a notch that you feel when turning the knob. That will have the output from each pickup the same. Roll clockwise, neck pickup, counter-clockwise, bridge pickup.

5. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    thanks, that makes alot of sense :)

hmm i believe the 3 small ones have notches too... what does the notch indicate there?

i mean it cant be that its off for both or on for both..

explain please :)

6. That means the specific EQ knob is at its flat position. Clockwise is boost, counter-clockwise is cut.

Dave

7. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    the small knobs from neck to bridge are:
    Bass
    Mid
    and treble.

sorry, it was bothering me a bit.

8. Ahh sorry.

Its been over two years since I owned mine, just been going off memory.

9. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    ok so what iv collected is that

the small knobs from neck to bridge are:
    Bass
    Mid
    and treble.

Big knob near neck - Volume
    Big knob near bridge - balence. It controls the amount of bridge and neck pickup in the signal. There should be a notch that you feel when turning the knob. That will have the output from each pickup the same. Roll clockwise, neck pickup, counter-clockwise, bridge pickup.

and that

the 3 small knob notches mean the specific EQ knob is at its flat position. Clockwise is boost, counter-clockwise is cut.

if this is all correct then thank you all :)

if its not correct thank you for trying anyway :)