Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ibanez sr405 knob controls..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by retitled, Sep 9, 2005.

1. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    i bought a used sr405 and it didnt come with that little plastic cover on the knobs that tell u what they do.. now it has 2 large knobs and 3 small ones..

one would assume that the large knobs would control the volume of the 2 pups and the 3 small for tone..

but what iv notives is when i turn down one fo the volume controls that the second pick up goes down too...

now i think that the second large one is a master tone control knob and one of the small knobs is a volume knob..

im a little confussed about this... can somebody help me out in determaning what each knob does specificly?

2. Big knob near neck - Volume
    Big knob near bridge - pan
    Small near neck - treble
    Small in middle - Mids
    Small near bridge - bass

There ya go. Have fun

Dave

3. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    thank you :)

whats Pan?

4. Maybe I should have said balence. It controls the amount of bridge and neck pickup in the signal. There should be a notch that you feel when turning the knob. That will have the output from each pickup the same. Roll clockwise, neck pickup, counter-clockwise, bridge pickup.

5. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    thanks, that makes alot of sense :)

hmm i believe the 3 small ones have notches too... what does the notch indicate there?

i mean it cant be that its off for both or on for both..

explain please :)

6. That means the specific EQ knob is at its flat position. Clockwise is boost, counter-clockwise is cut.

Dave

7. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    the small knobs from neck to bridge are:
    Bass
    Mid
    and treble.

sorry, it was bothering me a bit.

8. Ahh sorry.

Its been over two years since I owned mine, just been going off memory.

9. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    ok so what iv collected is that

the small knobs from neck to bridge are:
    Bass
    Mid
    and treble.

Big knob near neck - Volume
    Big knob near bridge - balence. It controls the amount of bridge and neck pickup in the signal. There should be a notch that you feel when turning the knob. That will have the output from each pickup the same. Roll clockwise, neck pickup, counter-clockwise, bridge pickup.

and that

the 3 small knob notches mean the specific EQ knob is at its flat position. Clockwise is boost, counter-clockwise is cut.

if this is all correct then thank you all :)

if its not correct thank you for trying anyway :)