Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ibanez sr405

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by retitled, Sep 8, 2005.

1. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    just got it in today off of ebay and i must say that it is :bassist: vicious...

the sound is awesome.. the action is perfect and the tension on the strings are the best iv ever felt before...

the only down side is the body is a tad smaller then what im used to but i'll get used to it..

i recomend this bass to anybody who wants a great bass for a great deal

2. twiz

twiz

Jun 4, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Having played and owned many different basses over the years (Sadowsky, Musicman, Fender, etc), my current bass of choice is an Ibanez SRX series. Just a wonderful and solid instrument for straight forward clean jazz tones. I have some flatwounds on it, and it's just an amazing instrument. Such incredibly high quality.

3. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    works great for metal too :bassist:

4. danis

danis

Jun 7, 2005
    Athens/Greece
    Haven't tried an Ibanez sr405 but i'm in love with my srx505!
    Great versatility,killer mids,good looking and very good price.
    I play stoner rock with it and it rocks...

5. jaymeister99

jaymeister99

Aug 2, 2005
    Anybody tried the SR300DX? Im now playing lefty so Im a somewhat limited in my choices, unfortunately Ibanez doesnt make too many of their models in left hand. Considering this one.

6. The SR300DX is an okay bass, my friend "allowed" me to "borrow" his for a two-day period, and I was a little impressed at the basses quality. Nothing too sepctacular though. I would definately yank that pre an p'ups, and replace with a SD setup. The bass was pretty well balanced and very attractive IMO. Again, I don't know if I would buy one intending on leaving it stock. I am actually planning on this bass being my first fretless, but with the aformentioned upgrades.

~Ryan