1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez SR406 Pickups are so quiet its hard to get a signal out of it

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ibanezcollector, Jun 29, 2007.

1. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    I love my bass, but its got like no output to it, I got to crank everything I have ever plugged it into.. Is there something im missing here..

New batterys check
    Clean Electronics check
    Good Cord check
    Good Rig check

What seems to be wrong with this bass. Its got not output what so ever..

Help before I lose my mind.. I need these pickups to put some ummph out its like there barely sending a signal out.

2. I see a lot of the older 406's, like yours, with EMG's. After hearing and playing one with EMG's, I think it's well worth the $200 or so dollars to get them installed.

3. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

Why don't you just throw a friggin grand piano around your neck?

I've been looking for 5 string all wound piccolo bass strings lately without (joke joke) a low B but a high B/C. Turning over the archives of extended range bass history in the process I ran across a dude that made a 36 fret like 12 or 18 string bass to cover the range of the 88 keys. Never did find the strings.

Anyway, what's the pup height/string spacing? What kind of signal do yo get when you tap on the pups with an pup screw/whatever?

4. goodluck man, thats a sticky problem. No advice from me, I'm clueless.

But if you cant figure it out, talk to me and I'd buy it from you! lol

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021