1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez SR485 400$ w/some extras

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by projectBdaddy8, Jan 25, 2004.

1. I have an ibanez 5 im tryin to sell. Reason? It dosent fit me stylistically (I wonder if that is a word?). Its mahogany body, 3 peice walnut/wenge neck (very cool looking), rosewood fretbrd and active 3-band w/soapbar pups. Model SR485. This is a discontinued model. For some reason they replaced it with the SR495, which seems to be very nearly the same thing. If you like a thin neck its plenty thin (not my prefference, another reason to sell). It has a good case of beltrash on the back, and a couple of dings, but nothing that you can see on stage (or from the front at all for that matter). A great looking bass IMO. Very light on the shoulders and back.

A few links:
    Price number one.
    E-pinions reviews
    Harmony-Central Reviews
    Active Bass Reviews
    Zzounds Reviews
    Personal Review no.1
    Personal Review no.2
    Personal Review no.3
    Musician's Friend Reviews
    Harmony-Central News Article
    Price no.2

As you can see it consistently gets reviews of 9 to 9.5. E-mail me at progbass8@yahoo.com.

2. bump ... :D

3. bste9

bste9

Jun 15, 2000
    St. Louis
    any pics?

4. i have a pic, taken w/a standard camera. ill see if anyone i know has a scanner. if not, it basically looks exactly like the pictures you find at these websites. or better yet, i think one of my friends has a digital. anyway, ill try to have pics up tonight, or at least before the end of the week.
    -Bryan

5. well, ok maybe not tonight..lol. ill see if i can get some pics soon, but it could be a while.

oh yeah. Bump.

6. Price Drop:

now 350$