1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ibanez sr500

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hardgore, Mar 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. hardgore

hardgore

Mar 10, 2015
    hi ^^
    is that model still being produced? or not already?
    if not, so when it stopped being produced?
    thanks!

2. The SR500 is one of Ibanez main flagships of all time - of coarse they're still around, and sold almost everywhere.
    Fantastic basses BTW.

3. they've always got a 4 and 5 string version in stock at my local GC

4. The Chuck

The Chuck

Dec 11, 2013
    Wilmington, NC
    My brother just bought a 4 and 6. I like them, they feel good in my hands and sound pretty good. Different than the Fender J that is my main ride, but good.

upload_2015-3-10_14-6-12.

zontar and NealBass like this.
  5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I had an SR506...

[​IMG]

placedesjardins likes this.
  6. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    Best 4 and 5 string on the market in their price range. I have spoken! Available everywhere, tons of used ones on E-bay.

Solarmist and zontar like this.
  7. Mediocrity Man

Mediocrity Man Master of Mediocrity Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Stillwater, New Jersey
    Had one a while back. Great bass for the money. I only sold it because I was moving back to Spector. My only complaint is that the fret edges were a bit sharp.

8. An SR500 is my go-to bass for studio work.
    I play 2 other Ibanez basses live (RD828LE and an Iceman) but when I get on the SR500 it just feels and sounds SO much better.
    Mine was made in Korea in 2006 or so (I think) but is just like the current version except it doesn't have the mid-shift switch.

Since it's the least expensive SR model that has Bartolini designed pickups, it's probably one of their best sellers.
    I doubt it will be discontinued any time soon.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  9. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    They have discontinued the fretless version--but the SR500 is still around-and i love them.

Great basses.
    Most of the Soundgear series are.

Gilmourisgod likes this.
  10. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    The only negative I'm aware of on these basses is the finish. They mix stain directly with the sprayed-on varnish coats, so the stain never sinks into the mahogany body. If you chip the finish you are right back to bare wood. Probably a compromise to keep the street price low, but you should be aware of it before buying. Most used models I've seen have wear marks right where people tend to anchor their thumb.

danosix likes this.
  11. danosix

danosix

May 30, 2012
    Definitely currently available - can't imagine them discontinuing such a model.
    As others have said, great bass - MILLIONS available used in-stores, privately and on-line. And one of the best values in a used 4 or 5.