1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Ibanez SR505 > 5-String Bass with Wenge/Bubinga Neck > Made in Korea 2006 with Killer B-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassbooty, Apr 25, 2015.

1. bassbooty

bassbooty -Rey Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    Price:
    Strings:
    Up for sale is a 5-string Ibanez SR505 bass. This bass was made in Korea in the Cort factory in 2006. This model is now made in Indonesia. The bass has a Mahogany body which gives it a rich, warm, focused sound with added sustain. The Bartolini MK1 pickups provide a tight, precise and focused 5-string bass tone. The onboard Bartolini 3-band EQ provides the flexibility to fine tune and dial in your sound.

This bass has a very thin and fast 5 piece Wenge/Bubinga neck! Conversely, the current version has a Jatoba/Bubinga neck. I have compared each version (Wenge vs. Jatoba) side by side and both woods have their good qualities. However, in my opinion, the Wenge neck is punchier with tighter lows and a built in compressed tonal quality that really helps the bass cut through in a dense mix. This particular bass has a killer B-string by the way. Surprisingly, the punch and depth of its B-string rivals that of my Warwick Streamer 5-string bass. The neck also feels a lot like a 90's era Warwick due to the 16.5 mm string spacing and its "C" shaped profile, although it is somewhat thinner. Honestly, I am a big fan of 90's era Warwicks and these are the qualities that initially attracted me to this bass. With this being a 2006 model, it does have a few minor nicks in the finish from regular use that are shown in the pictures. Overall the bass is in very good condition for being nearly 10 years old.

The bass is very lightweight and still balances really well, providing comfort while sitting or standing. Since the truss rod works and adjusts as it should, the neck can be set up straight with very low action if you prefer or set up with just enough relief for medium/low action. The frets are in great condition.

These Korean made SR505's are getting harder to find especially in this good condition. The bass has already been upgraded with Dunlop Strap Locks and comes with a nylon Levy's strap. Also included is a well-worn gig bag. Price has already been reduced to $399 FIRM + actual shipping cost to your ZIP Code. Please feel free to PM me for a shipping quote or to ask any other questions you may have about the bass.

2006 model SR505 Specs
    Neck type:
    SR5 5pc Wenge/Bubinga neck
    Body: Mahogany body
    Finish: Brown Mahogany
    Fretboard: Rosewood fretboard w/Abalone oval inlays
    Frets: 24 Medium frets
    Bridge: Accu-cast B25 bridge
    Neck Pickup: Bartolini MK-1 neck
    Bridge Pickup: Bartolini MK-1 bridge
    Electronics: Bartolini 3-band active EQ
    Hardware Color: Cosmo Black