1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez SR505 Bridge pup problem

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BullHorn, Nov 5, 2010.

1. BullHorn

BullHorn

Nov 23, 2006
    Israel
    I just got this bass second hand, it's a 2004 Korean-made. I love it but there might be a problem with the bridge pick up. It sounds VERY thin, so thin I will never even consider using it solo. Is this common for this bass or a problem I should look into checking?

It might be the pickup or the pre-amp... How can I know for sure? I've changed the battery to make sure.

Ideas?

2. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    That was my experience with my SR905 (same electronics). You can try lowering the bridge pickup a bit. This will attenuate the highs a bit but it will also lower the output from that pickup. Aside from that you can EQ in/out high mids and bass.

3. BullHorn

BullHorn

Nov 23, 2006
    Israel
    As long as it's not a defect, I have no problem with it. Thanks for letting me know.

Any other people with this symptoms?

4. BullHorn

BullHorn

Nov 23, 2006
    Israel
    Is it too early to bump this? I don't know, but I would like some more opinions...

5. I own one as well(a 2006 though) and the bridge pickup is really thin sounding as well. I switched out the stock pickups with the Bartolini replacements and they make it a little better. It still is a very thin sounding bridge pickup but that's because of how close to the bridge it is. The pictures of newer models show that the pickups are slightly closer to the neck so maybe the problem is fixed.

I think my bass sounds better overall without the stock electronics and pickups in it.