1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez SR505 Mid tone switch

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Garrick, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Garrick

Garrick

Apr 16, 2010
    California
    Hi,

First post. Does anyone know the center frequencies of the tone switch on the Ibanez SR505. I think it is a relatively new addition to the bass because I saw a used one without it. I am guessing that one position is around 250 - 400 Hz and that the other position is around 700 - 800 Hz. Just wanted to know if anyone knew for sure. If no one knows I guess I could set up my RTA and analyze the frequencies.

Thanks,

Garrick

2. SurrenderMonkey

SurrenderMonkey

Aug 18, 2006
    Liverpool
    I couldn't say, but I can confirm the older SR505 had a mid sweep :)

3. I had an old SR505, they only controls were: vol, bal, low mid, high. No switches.

4. mc900ftj

mc900ftj

Jan 21, 2014
    "EQB-IIIS
    In addition to 3-band EQ, the
    SR is now equipped with a mid-frequency select switch, enabling you to instantly select 250Hz and 600Hz-the heart of the mid zone-for a more dynamic and ideal tone."

Just got an SR505PB yesterday! :D

5. bluemonk

bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    Michigan
    The Ibanez site says they are 250Hz and 600Hz . I have a Sr500 and Sr600, but I don't know which POSITION is which on the switch. There is up and down, no middle. I'm having trouble finding the answer online. Does anybody know?