Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez SR506 $350

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by embellisher, Nov 8, 2002.

1. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

This bass is in good condition, with normal playing wear on the frets and fingerboard, and slap scratches in the finish. The scratches do not go through the topcoat and could easily be polished out with rubbing compound. There are additional light scratches on the back and around the controls, but none of these scratches go through the topcoat either. There is also a small dent on the front below the neck pickup , and a couple of very slight dents on the back. NO BELT BUCKLE SCRATCHES. Gold plated Gotoh style mini tuners, and heavy duty(not bent steel, it is die cast) gold plated bridge. Tuners are fine, the bridge has very slight oxidation which could be polished out. The bass is transparent teal over 2 piece soft maple body, and the neck is 3 piece hard rock maple with dual truss rods and a rosewood fingerboard.

Bass was made in 1995, and was my main bass for about 4 years. It has since seen little action other than messing around on my own. It has the ADX6 pickups, active bass and treble, and pickup blend control. The tone is good with new strings, but the B and D strings die very quickly on this bass, unless you wipe the strings every time you play it and keep it in the gig bag.

This is a much better bass(IMHO) than the Ibanez SR406, which currently sells for around $590. The neck extends into the body further on the 506 and IMHO is much more stable as well.

$350 or best reasonable offer. Price includes a ProTec gig bag.

If you are interested in this bass, send me a PM or email me through the board we can talk.

Here is a picture.

[​IMG]

2. embellisher

Bumpity bump

3. jesse55

jesse55

Jul 3, 2002
    more pics??

4. embellisher

That's all the pics I have, sorry. I don't have a digital camera.

5. My first 6-string was an Ibanez SoundGear. I highly recommend them as a great bass for the money. $350 is a really good price for that one. I'm really surprised it hasn't sold yet.

- Dave

6. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    That's a pretty fine lookin bass for $350...

But it's a lot more for us Canadians:(

I agree on the SR406 part, though.

(bump)

7. embellisher

Still available! $350 includes gig bag and shipping.

This will make somebody a great 1st six string, and you will not find another six made as well as this one for this price.

8. I thought I'd give this a bump and re-emphasize that this is a fantastic deal for a great bass. A perfect instrument for a 4 or 5-string player on a budget who wants to get into a 6'er. I highly recommend it.

- Dave

9. embellisher

Thanks for the bump, Dave.:)

10. embellisher

bump