Ibanez SR600

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Starmo, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Starmo

Jul 15, 2004
    Raanana, Israel
    I purchased a 1991 second hand SR600 a week ago, and have had no luck trying to dig up detalis about it on google.
    This model is long off the ibanez catalog, and I have found no e-mail address where i could contact them about it.

It has a passive P\J setup, with a bolt on 3 piece neck, i think it's maple. The ingerboard is rosewood, and i have no idea what wood the body is made of.
    If anyone can contribute more details on the woods and electronics and anything in general it would be great.

2. Well, don't know what this little bit will help, but I'm giving it a shot. :hyper:

<a href="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/search.php?searchid=298778">Here</a> are the search results for SR600 here on talkbass.

A better result through <a href="http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=ibanez+sr600&ei=UTF-8&fr=slv1-&n=20&fl=0&x=wrt">google</a> than you got, perhaps? Seemed to return some sites with some appearingly helpful reviews.

I know it's not much, but I hope it helps some! :bassist:
  3. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    Basswood is my guess.
  4. SoulStabber

Mar 13, 2006
    I think yours is made out of swamp ash. I have an SR600 bass too..:D
  5. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Took a quick look on Ibanezregister, and it says the ones up to 1990 were Basswood.

I wouldn't be suprised if its basswood though, as my RB800 and SR800 are...
  6. SoulStabber

Mar 13, 2006
    Well mine is teh one wit teh transparent finishing. It is obvious to notice the grains that resembles an ash body
  7. progrmr

Sep 3, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Just out of curiosity how much did this set you back? I have my eye on one from the same time frame, but want to pay a fair price.

EDIT: LOL, just realized this is from 2004...if anyone knows about pricing on these any info would be appreciated :)
  8. Hey guys i found this one on a good price.

Better than SR300 right?

Is it good for starting and suitable for metal?

Also, i've read that most people prefare passive pick ups with active electronics. I know that these Bartolinis are passive but what about it's electronics?

Damn it's a beauty
  9. Relayer71

Jun 25, 2009
    Check the official Ibanez website.

They have an archive of catalogs going back quite a few years, it's probably on there.
  10. Active Electronics! Nice one.

Well, any other info for this one?
  11. danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    It looks a lot like the current version of an SR500, with a better finish and an ash body instead of mahogany. Definitely a great looking bass.
  12. Ash body yeah it's the only difference between SR500 and SR600.

Which one do u think is better? :D

Also in Ibanez's catalog the 600 costs more.
  13. darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    The black one looks nice. What kinda woods used for the neck? Too dark to be maple for the 3 main peices.
  14. It's 5pc Jatoba/ Bubinga.
  15. Those SR600s are great for metal, you'll be happy with one I would think
  16. I'll go to the store tomorow and play with a SR500 cuz here in Greece they dont hav SR600 at all.

They are prety similar basses.

Then im gonna order SR600 over the net :D
  17. ArmyHawk

Jul 20, 2009
    New England
    I have an SR 600 in that flat black color. Love that thing to death. Got it on ebay for $500. They don't have the black on this year's model they just have a dark natural varnish (Also cool)

Definitely good for metal I can pull all sorts of tones out of this thing