1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez SR670 vs Yamaha TRBX604FM for beginner

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by StockBeatiful, May 7, 2019.

1. Ibanez SR670

50.0%
  2. Yamaha TRBX604FM

50.0%
  1. StockBeatiful

StockBeatiful

May 7, 2019
    I'm starting with the bass and would like to pick up an instrument which will get me thru the next couple of years. While it's not important at this stage, style-wise I'm interested in soul, funk, disco, dub, some jazz.

l narrowed it down to Ibanez SR670 and Yamaha TRBX604FM. The main difference are pickups (Bartolini vs Alnico), wood (okoume vs alder), switchable mid EQ freq on Ibanez and active/passive switch on Yamaha. Both have active EQ, both have slim(ish) necks, same neck width, string distance, number of frets, etc.

I've read only good things about Yamahas build quality, but I had some lower end Yamaha guitar before (Pacifica 112v) and didn't like it and preferred similarly priced Squier.

Which bass would you recommend and why?

2. CatchaCuda

CatchaCuda

Feb 3, 2018
    Transfer, PA
    I'd pick the trbx604. Only because I like the look and the trbx304 & 5 I tried were awesome. I don't think you could go wrong either way.

3. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Good choices either way, sorry, no help at all.