1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez SR705

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gypsyfireman, Jan 19, 2012.

1. any owners out there? the trans black has my attention in a big way. they seem like a really solid instrument, especially for the $$.

i primarily play a stingray 5, but i'm considering another bass for some different tones. i played a few a GC recently, and the necks are so fast that it feels like i'm cheating. the sounds were great, too. very different than the stingray tones, but that's not a bad thing at all. they were also nice and light weight, which would be cool for gigging.

any feedback on these from owners? how do they hold up?

2. drumNbass28

drumNbass28

Nov 18, 2010
    Belgium
    Hey!!
    I have one for one and a half year now and haven't had any regrets. It's a very nice looking bass with tons of tone-possibilities. What I love the most 'bout this bass is the awesome woodwork, the sound and most of all the mid-frequencyselector. It's just the most awesome switch I ever had on a bass.

3. PaulNYC

PaulNYC

Apr 2, 2009
    New York, NY
    i got paid for a gig once.
    great bass. check out the soundgear club.

4. great to hear! thanks.

5. cool, will do!

6. I run sound for a guy with that bass--same color, too.
    He loves it, sounds great, no complaints.

He DID back his truck over it and snapped the headstock in half! Found a dude nearby who's done similar repairs for our guitarist, and he did a great job for only $60, which is amazing.

7. good to hear. bummer on the accident...