1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez SR706 Stock strings/ Setup question :)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by whathefunk, Nov 10, 2010.

1. whathefunk

whathefunk

Oct 19, 2010
    Hey guys. Sorry if my question is pretty noobish.

I recently bought a new Ibanez sr706
    It's one of their six string basses, it has a really good sound and feels great

I like to do a lot of two handed tapping, but on this bass, even with the bridge set low, I'm having a lot more trouble compared to my 4. If I set the bridge too low I get a lot of buzz obviously (Normally I would just put a little bow on neck and lower the bridge accordingly), and these strings.. which I think are coated elixirs.. make a lot of noise and are difficult to play (If I tap a note, I get this bad fret buzz sound).. I have a 4 string schecter diamond c-4 custom, which plays very easily.

I would set this all up by myself, but I've never used two truss rods.. Should I bring it to a professional to get it set up? (I really rather not, here in montreal it takes really long to get it my bass back.)

Or is adjusting this bass not as hard as I think? / are the coated strings just giving me trouble? Or is simply this bass, or even frets? (I see the frets are different from my schecter)

Any input would be awesome :ninja:

2. azfryguy

azfryguy

Feb 2, 2010
    Queen Creek AZ
    I would do it your self and if your doing two handed tapping imo its easier when the neck is straight also heep the saddles low but if you get to much 12345 fret buzz loosen the truss rod or get a new nut . . . other than that you can always put a string mute on (tie a sock around the neect by the first fret)