Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez SR800, EMG Pickups

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by safiph, Apr 3, 2002.

1. safiph

safiph

Nov 26, 2001
    Flatlands
    Hey all,

I was trying out basses at the local shop yesterday when I came across a used Ibanez SR800. Its looks weren't the greatest.. it was apparent that the previous owner played with a pick (and pretty sloppily) because the finish was worn past the G string. There were also other small spots on the bass that were scuffed, but not as bad. Anyway, the previous owner had also replaced the passive pickups with active EMG's (the PJ set). I played it for a while and I really love the active sound. I'm seriously considering purchasing it, but I'd like some opinions on price. The shop is selling it for $525, with a case I believe. I know that the EMG's are about $175 new.. and the bass is about $600 new. Should the physical condition play more of a role in price (I mean, do you think the price should be lower), and is the price too high for a used SR800?

-saf

2. Offbase

Offbase

Mar 9, 2000
    IT'S A RIP!!! I sold a black SR-800 with EMG's on ebay about 3 years ago, mint except for the back, which had buckle rash, for $350. Mint SR-800's go for around $300-$350 stock. Mind you, the EMG's are now "used" and depreciate just like the bass. If ya like it, I wouldn't go over $400 for it. Best of luck.