Ibanez sr800?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pinkfloyd, Mar 24, 2001.

1. ok after having my hopes for the G&L L-1500 crushed, I've been looking for other basses. I've stumbled upon the Ibanez sr800 and the sr800le, does anyone know the difference between them? I play mostly metal so r there any other basses out there in the 300-400 used price range that are worth the money. thanx
  2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    DONT waste your money on that bass! Just wait a little while, save up a couple for bucks, and go with the G&L. Hell, you could get a used Carvin off Ebay for around $300-400 though, and those arent bad. They arent G&Ls though.
  3. theres no way I'm gunna buy a bass of ebay, I'm not taking any chances with someone eles junk.
  4. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    I have bought 2 basses from Ebay. And I am happy with those.
    One was from Greg Morton, and the other from Greg Curbow.
    I suggest you do Buy from E-bay but use I-escrow service.
    Also.. I live Outside the US.. (South America), so my risk was bigger, and no Escrow for me.
  5. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I'll sell you my Ibanez SR800LE for $380.

It sounds good. I believe the LE is for Limited Edition, and it has Active pickups on it... (so maybe that's what's special about it)

Mine sounds good, but doesn't get the lows for me, and I really have no need for it. It has like one small dingy in it, that you can't even really notice at all. It plays like it's brand new. I have all the papers, and the original case. (even papers that are specifically for the bridge... which is an ibanez bridge.)

E-mail me if you're interested. CrawlingEye138@msn.com
  6. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    One last thing, it's a orange/red color. Very good color actually.

($380 is including the case, and I wouldn't dare ship without a case!)

One last thing I figure I'll mention, It has GHS boomers (light, or I could throw my mediums on it both are pretty much brand new, since the bass's that have them both on it I don't play at all really.)

I'll include a picture of me playing the Ibanez. (you can't see THAT much of the bass in it, but you can get an idea of it)
  7. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    pinkfloyd, for $300-400, you can get a LOT more bass used. Used doesnt mean its "someone elses junk". If i were you, i'd save some more money and buy a higher quality bass than an Ibanez SR.
  8. I plan to buy a used bass, I just don't wanna buy a bass from some guy off ebay that I know nothing about.
  9. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I dont blame you a bit, I'll buy a processor or something like that off ebay, but I will NEVER buy a bass unless I can play it 1st.

I would save the extra money and stick with the g&L. Those Sr800's arent that great at all. I used to own an SR885. for one basswood imo isnt a good wood to make a bass from, way way to light, and because of that you dont get beefyness in the tone, and 2 the tone in them is very week compared to alot of other brands out there. They dont have the balls that alot of other basses do. I also think they are poorly crafted compared to alot of other basses in that price range. This is my opinion but if you really like the sound of them then go for it.