1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Ibanez SR806 Six String Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Razman, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Razman

Razman

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    Price:
    Strings:
    Can’t believe I’m doing this as I literally just got this bass and it’s beyond stellar. However, I originally wanted a 7 string, so I’m going to start with a cheap 6er conversion as a project bass and go from there. Not only that, but with one kid in H.S. and one at home due to illness, it is not possible for me to collect anything except for bills at the present time. It’s a shame too, as I had created a thread praising this thing to no end and I really enjoy playing it. It has great tone and has nice, low action (I had to raise the action slightly for my needs as it was set super low) and plays superbly.

Basically, you’re getting a virtually brand new bass along with a perfectly matched OHSC for way less than new. Body is mahogany with a poplar burl top that is gorgeous. There may be a few hair-thin scratches in it from the little amount of use it’s had but they are hard to see and impossible to photograph. I believe it is a 2014; I’ve seen “new” instruments that have more ‘use’ on them than this bass.

The neck is very smooth, thin and fast like an Ibanez neck should be, made from jatoba and bubinga, and the fretboard is rosewood with abalone inlays. To me the pickups sound very well balanced but slightly bright with round-wound nickel strings; the 3-band EQ is ‘just right’ and the mid-frequency switch gives you a more aggressive sound when boosting the upper mids, or more kick in the chest when increasing the lower ones. It’s very usable and very quiet. The gold hardware looks, well, like new! It travels to and from my church in its case, and except from a minor scuff or two it also looks like new – inside and out. I put a new set of Dunlop strap-locks on it but will put the original buttons back on it unless you want them.

I don’t know what else to say about it. It’s a super nice bass – sometimes I’ll just pop the case open to look at it, it’s beautiful! $725 shipped CONUS. You will not be disappointed!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  2. Razman

Razman

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    Just got some sad news today. My father has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of leukemia and has about a month to live. I have the next week or so to figure out how to cart my family from Florida up to Minnesota. That said, I'm open to fair offers but I don't think my starting price is unreasonable given it's condition. Please hit me up anyway as every little bit helps.

Thank you,

Eric

3. Razman

Razman

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    Well, we were able to make it before my dad passed, got there on the 26th and he died the morning of the 28th. We'll be headed back Monday evening.

Price drop; God bless.

Eric

4. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Sorry to hear about your dad, Eric. My prayers are with you and your family bro. God bless

5. Razman

Razman

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    Thank you Ricky.

6. Razman

Razman

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    Price drop - shipped for $725.

7. Razman

Razman