Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez SR885 Fretless with Barts and Epoxy Fingerboard

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Justyn, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Just picked this up a few weeks ago and naturally there's now something else I've just got to have. Older model Soundgear 885 lined fretless 5 (color is Jewel Blue I believe) with an epoxy finished fingerboard. Bartolini pickups and Bartolini preamp (bass boost/cut, treble boost/cut, mid boost/cut with 3-position mid frequency shift). I'm in the middle of replacing one scratchy pot. Everything else is functionally fine. Body shows some wear, as does the fingerboard, but nothing that affects playability. My camera seems to be dying a slow lingering death but I think I can borrow another one from work and get some pictures up ASAP. Asking $400 shipped.

2. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    First set of pictures. I took the strings off to give the fretboard a good polishing.

3. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    One more for now. More to follow.

4. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    bump.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Is it a Thor epoxy job?

6. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA

Not that I can tell. I can't see any evidence of the little bit of holographic paint that Thor leaves towards the end of the fingerboard as a signature.

J.