Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez SR905

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mr. Krinkle, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Mr. Krinkle

Mr. Krinkle

Aug 3, 2004
    I was thinking about buying an Ibanez SR 905 and I was just wondering if anyone here has played them and could give me any imput on what they thought of it. I play mostly rock and a lot of funk too sort of like 311 or early Incubus or RHCP. I want a bass that has a lot of low end and good slap tone. Any advise would be great.

2. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    What is your budget?

3. I havn't played the particular bass that you happen to be questioning, however, I have played alot of Ibanez basses, including Prestige models, and I can honestly say I have never been disappointed by an Ibanez bass guitar, and my brother agrees and holds up on the guitar end too. IMO, Ibanez is one of the absolute best brands out there today, Q.C is top notch, and the instruments they're putting out are extremely versatile, well built, and priced with the average player in mind. Great stuff man!

-ryan-

PS. You may want to go check out "The Ibanez Club" thread, there's loads of useful info in there!

4. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Yup, I own one. You won't be disappointed.

Mine the day I bought it.

[​IMG]

TD

5. jbasso

jbasso

Mar 1, 2006
    Hugo, MN
    I own the natural finish model from 2004
    Picked it up for 560 with the hardcase, plus 35 for some chrome XL flats

Amazing bass, I love it. Sounds great, feels great, just all around a great bass. The neck is VERY thin, but not to the point it isnt playable, it is very comfortable. The Bart MK1 pups and EQ seem to be fine as far as I can tell. VERY versetile, I can get many different sounds out of the bass. Weight isnt bad at all, string spacing is a bit tighter than the other fivers I have played, but I find it comfortable, and easy to play.

You wont be disappointed, it is an amazing bass!

6. jhfva

jhfva

May 2, 2004
    Roanoke, VA
    The second I played it, I loved it. Mine is a natural finish. I've heard the the neck warps, but I have had zero trouble. I play mostly rock.

Love the feel of the B string and the sound of the pickup.

Switched to Chrome flats.