1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Ibanez SRC6 Crossover Bass/Guitar

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by danjocastro, Apr 30, 2018.

1. danjocastro

danjocastro Supporting Member

May 3, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    Price:
    $499.99
    Strings:
    I took this off the market a little while back but then never played it. Reposting it for sale!

Here is a cool axe. It is a 30 inch scale, guitar string spacing, hybrid instrument that is designed to be strung E-e an octave below a standard guitar. Everything on it is stock except for the control knobs. I upgraded the plastic knobs to metal. This thing sounds great and feels great. I absolutely love the bridge.

It is currently strung B-b a fourth below standard guitar tuning (aka baritone tuning). It accepts a 105 E string. The SRC6 is still in production so if you want all the specs check out Ibanez's website.

I bought this to record some metal songs of mine. No joke, if you are into baritone and drop A tuning the 30 inch scale length really makes those low notes punch. Clear and aggressive.

Shipping included. CONUS only. Thanks for checking out my post!

-Danny

IMG_1489.JPG IMG_1490.JPG IMG_1491.JPG IMG_1492.JPG IMG_1493.JPG IMG_1494.JPG IMG_1495.JPG IMG_1496.JPG IMG_1497.JPG

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  2. krovx

krovx Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Had one of these and it was a killer instrument. Very versatile. I dug the bass tone and always wondered how large a gauge I could go to try to do a low B.

Any interest in full or partial trades?

3. danjocastro

May 3, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    I don't think it could do a low b but I never tried. I'll tell you what though, a 105 E string tunes to dropped D pretty nicely!

I'm not interested in trades, sorry.

4. screefer

screefer

Nov 7, 2017
    The Island
    Can you ship to British Columbia, Canada?

5. danjocastro

May 3, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    Sorry, only the lower 48 states in the US.

6. screefer

screefer

Nov 7, 2017
    The Island
    Understood...tough guit to access up here...