SOLD Ibanez SRFF805

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by PMagers, Apr 9, 2021.

1. PMagers

PMagers Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Philly, PA
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Tired of chasing around muddy B-strings? Wanna try a multiscale without breaking the bank? Your prayers, answered. Selling my Ibanez Fanned Fret fiver, it sounds and looks great. Black stain, matte finish. Huge variety of tones from this beast, enabled by the aftermarket Nordstrand neck pickup, which I bought new and had installed, and absolutely kicks ass. It is a lot more clear and dynamic than stock - it is a direct replacement, and it brought this bass to life. The fanned frets are easy to adapt to, and if you’re familiar with Soundgear, you know that the neck is super comfy. Great B. May be a few minor dings, including spot of thumb wear, shown.

PM me with any questions. No case, $700 packed securely and shipped to CONUS (only). PayPal please, and no trades at this point. Thanks.

Specs:
    Pickups: Nordstrand Big Single in the neck position, Stock Bartolini BH1 dual-coil pickup bridge. I’ll also include the stock Neck Bart BH1 if you'd like to restore to factory condish.
    Pre: 3-band BMT active/passive circuit, ±16dB for bass, ±14dB for mid (250Hz, 400Hz, and 700Hz selectable via mini-toggle), and ±16dB at 9kHz for treble. In passive mode, the treble knob acts as a passive tone rolloff.
    Neck: 5-piece Jatoba/bubinga Bolt-on
    Body: Ash
    Neck width at nut: 1.75"
    Bridge: Mono-rail V
    Scale length: 35.5"–34"
    Hardware: Cosmo black
    Weight: a whisker under 9 lbs

IMG_0073.JPG
    IMG_0074.JPG
    IMG_0075.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0071.JPG
    IMG_0077.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG

dave64o likes this.
  2. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    Very nice bass.
    My buddy owns one and had me sit in on a gig.
    I was reluctant at first because of the fan frets
    but once I started playing it was very easy to get use to.
    GLWTS

3. PMagers

Mar 11, 2011
    Philly, PA
    Thanks! Agreed, as far as multi scale basses go, the fan on these is easy.

Here’s a clip of the bass hard at work:

4. PMagers

Mar 11, 2011
    Philly, PA
    Sold! Thanks Luke.

fttfbass likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021