Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez SRX 505 Wow!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Oliver, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Oliver

Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    OK i went tho pick it up at my local store, i was blown away.
    Im telling ya this thing rocks. Not just the looks (i'll get to that later).
    Plugged it into a Ampeg(not sure which model) and hit the low B and nearly caused an earthquake.
    This thing sounds better than any warwick or spector ive played, the pickups are atleast 60% stronger than other ibanezes including BTB, not sure about Bart equipped ibanezes though (never played them)
    Armed with Elixirs, you'll get any sound you desire.
    Its standard tone is best described as deep Phat with a huge rumble with LOTS of loudness.
    I know a great amp does wonders but this thing is amazing
    The 2 band EQ is really customizable.
    This things weights quite a bit. My old yamaha 765 weighed about half as much.
    Built like a tank, construction wise its SOLID.
    Whats really awesome is that in different light conditions the flamed top totally changes.
    Took some pictures inside and it was Black/green took some shots outside and it went blue. It will no doubt be a crowd pleaser at gigs.

Anyways i wanted to share some info on this bass to all you bassists. This bass is awesome and highly recommend to everyone including pro's. Ibanez have really done a fine job with the SRX range.

A very happy bassist.

Oliver

2. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    Killer, dude. Congrats, and welcome to the Ibanez fold. The basswood under that flame top gets sweet mids and the medium frets give you low action.

I've been trying a lot of basses lately. All they've done is make me appreciate how good my SR800 really is - and for less than half the price of some of the other axes I've been considering. I'm even thinking of getting another one, just because I can't find anything else as good.

Haven't seen an SRX at any stores yet, but I'll be sure to try one when I do. I'm also interested in checking out their new Iceman bass.

3. Oliver

Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    Cheers Metal Mitch
    dont buy anything until you've played an SRX, you'll no doubt be pleased :) :bassist:

4. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    so where are the pics?

5. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    The wierd thing is that I actually had a dream that I acquired one of these last night.

Yes, folks - GAS invades our dream states!

6. Oliver

Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    Love at first sight

Sorry dont have a site where i can put them up so i just got one from this site

[​IMG]

7. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Rob Derhak of moe. is now an SRX endorser
    [​IMG]

8. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    That bridge looks very similar to the G&L Bridge. I've heard nothin but good things about them

9. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    My SRX505 should be here Monday or Tuesday. Got a pretty good deal on it and an Ibanez hard case that I couldn't pass up, so I went for it.

Glad you like it, I had played the SRX705 and was really, really impressed but I was still apprehensive about what I should expect from the 505. Figured eitehr way, It'd probably be a step up from my old passive MIM Jazz with a cracked neck joint.