1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez SRX diffrence?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pipogpop, Apr 28, 2010.

1. pipogpop

pipogpop

Jan 26, 2010
    Denmark
    Hello guys

Can you tell me the diffrences between an Ibanez SRX300 and the other SRX basses?

I hope you will answer my question

2. JohnnyB53

JohnnyB53

Nov 1, 2009
    All three SRX basses carried by Musicians Friend have the same body shape, same neck shape, have 3-piece maple necks, exposed polepiece humbucking pickups, and 2-band EQ (active in all of them, I presume).

The differences as I can ascertain are:

SRX2EX1: Basswood body and matching headstock

SRX350/355: Ash body

SRX470/475: Mahogany body, abalone binding and fretboard inlays

There may be some differences in the onboard preamps, but I couldn't find any information to determine that. The body woods would make a difference in punchiness and overall tonality. To generalize (and knowing there are exceptions), basswood is rather neutral-sounding; ash tends to be clear and punchy with a strong midrange, mahogany is generally rounder sounding with a full bass fundamental and softer treble.

3. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    The biggest difference in the SRX lines are the bridges and woods used. The higher end ones have high mass bridges and in the old days, the top end neck-thru's had Alnico pups instead of ceramic.

4. THand

THand

Jun 9, 2008
    This ^^^^

5. pipogpop
    I see you still havent givin up on that SRX300 from yesterday :rollno:

What ever you decide Good Luck