1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez SRX Models Now Built In Indonesia

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by srxplayer, Apr 11, 2006.

1. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I was at GC today messing around with some new stuff they got in and I noticed that Ibanez has moved it production to Indonesia. All of the new SRX models that were on display are no longer manufactured in Korea.

I don't know if this is a good thing. Does anybody know if all of the Soundgears are going to manufactured outside of Korea?

2. steve21

steve21 Banned

My 2005 506 (the 83,503rd made in 2005) is MIK (AFAIK new ones are too).

But honestly, as long as Ibanez keeps offering things like 5 piece necks, great bodies, and awesome bart pups, I don't care where they're made.

3. My sr300dx was made in Indonesia and I've had that for about 3 years, so I would assume that they've been producing in Indonesia for a while. I don't know how long they've ben producing the higher-end soundgears there though.

4. The 300 series are made in Indonesia, and the 500-and-above series are made in Korea.

5. steve21

steve21 Banned

And the Prestige in Japan, or did they move it to Korea?

6. Agree'd

7. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    The ones I saw were SRX390 and SRX500 , and an SRX505 all three were made in Indonesia. I will admit that the workmanship did not look bad especially on the SRX390 but the color was diferent on the Indonesian SRX500 and the Korean SRX500. The color (honey Sunburst was much more brilliant on the Korean model.

My daughters GSR200 is Indonesian but that is the bottom of line SDGR bass.

I don't know if its a bad thing or not just wonder what others thought. I know the Prestige models are still Japanese made. Thats usually a good thing no matter what is being manufactured.

8. All Prestige basses and several Prestige guitars were moved to Korea in 2005, due to Fujigen supposedly scaling back production.

9. phillys

phillys

Feb 4, 2006
    Malaysia
    My GSR205 is made in CHINA.

It's not too bad. In fact, I must say that it's pretty good. I dont know what to look out for to see the difference between an instrument made in China, Korea, Japan or USA.

10. My wife's 2005 SR504 was made in Korea - and it's a very well put together bass, I might add.